Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Road through your Windshield...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat Hack, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Jeff34

Jeff34

Chasin' tail again, eh?

61Cruiser likes this.
  2. From my trip to Speedweek

20240801_091323_HDR.jpg 20240802_055806_HDR.jpg

3. Sunrise in Nevada

20240806_050308_HDR.jpg

5. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2024-8-10_3-20-57.png
    We used to call them "aliens from space..."

Hello,

Nice action photos from your hot rod. There seems to be a blur/blob in the middle of your photos at the same place in each shot. I have found out that periodic cleaning, gently, of the lens or filter lens attachment is the culprit. That blur/blob will continue with every shot you take, unless you clean the lens.

Many a good shot is ruined by not having a clean lens. But, it is understandable as you just got away from the climate/gatherings of the salt flats and whatever was in the air. When I used to take surf photos, on an offshore wind day, dust flies everywhere. After each shot, we had to cover our lens while waiting for the next action move out on the ocean waves. Otherwise, the mysterious "aliens" appear on the lens and when processing back then, showed up on the prints and slides. It was hard to get those blobs out of the images as digital photography was not around.

We had to be diligent to keep our lenses covered until some movement appeared for a good photo. But, also, checking the lens or protective filter lens to make sure it is perfectly clean for the upcoming photos. Sometimes, the excitement of the photo moment and subject over rides the physical surroundings. we used to point, focus and shoot as fast as we could to capture a moment. In the line of battle, we overlooked images for the details happening overall in the photo.

I once developed a 36 shot roll of color film, only to find the winds had placed "things" on the lenses and therefore, every shot I took had blurbs. A ruined roll of photos back then, but that is why we always took a couple of rolls of similar color film, including a roll of b/w film.

So, from that point on, I checked the lenses and protective skylight lens covers for "blurbs." Also, it is not a problem today with no opening backs on digital cameras. But when we had to put in a new roll of film, that is why the replacement film cannister + roll should be done in an "airless" area to keep dust motes from getting inside of your open back camera.

Jnaki

For those that come up with similar blurbs on photos, with your computer photo programs on your camera or computer, it is possible to save the photos and then "area" match to take out the blurb. Digital imagery at its nicest form for everyone that uses a digital camera or phone camera. If you have old 35mm film or slides with some blurbs, as a digital copied image, one can now use digital corrections to gently take out those blurbs. But, watch out for adjoining color or print matching backgrounds... YRMV

7. 20231031_105612.jpg

20230826_150245.jpg

20240801_115412.jpg

FB_IMG_1709184412173.jpg

Last edited: Aug 10, 2024
  8. Not on the camera lens. Those are rock chips in the windshield. They occur when you actually DRIVE your car. Got 2 new ones on this trip, time for some new glass

9. atch

atch

Moniteau Creek bottom on Missouri highway 87 about 8 miles north of California, Missouri. Through Clarence's windshield.

In the 60's there might or might not have been automobile acceleration contests on this road.

upload_2024-8-13_16-53-58.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2024
  10. Odds? 10 to 1?

Ben

11. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

12. CSPIDY

CSPIDY

IMG_1339.jpeg
    heading east on rt30

13. hotrodfil likes this.
  14. Denmark. Went to the beach racing at Romo.

winduptoy and firstinsteele like this.
  15. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2024-8-22_3-36-32.png

Hello,

One an old woody with a couple of surfboards on top was ahead of us while we were driving toward our weekly coastal cruise and errand day, in our station wagon. So, out came the digital camera to record some action. The woody was nicely finished and accelerated quite nicely. When it stopped, we were able to get a closer look with the zoom in feature of the digital camera. A nicely finished woody wagon made by Packard. A Packard woody? What is this world coming to in this day and age?

The digital camera was a lot easier to film than using a phone. The format of the little rectangle camera was perfect to rest on the steering wheel and hold it steady. But still being aware of the traffic (none surrounding us on a one way divided street) and continuing to shoot a moving vehicle.

Jnaki

upload_2024-8-22_3-37-15.png
    We were not the only ones to see this quirky safety light come on when slowing down. It gave us a warning from far away with distinction.
    upload_2024-8-22_3-37-51.png
    Well, the surf was actually up that week and it was a rather consistent. Some places along the coast looked better than in some other places along the coast, due to the angle of the beach and swell. But, a drive up or down the beachfront shoreline is always good for the soul… YRMV

upload_2024-8-22_3-38-30.png
    “The road through OUR windshield…”

16. WC145

WC145
    from Maine

Southwest Harbor, ME 20240825_150548.jpg

17. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Did the Packard 3rd. brake light have amber when slowing down & red when applying the brakes ? Would like to fabricate something similar in that regard.

18. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2024-9-2_2-42-17.png

Hello,

The codes below were taken out of the CHP traffic law rules. Your state may be different. But, as I remember, the Packard Woody’s red light came on by itself, as the film shows. No prior amber light first, then a red. It probably has something to do with the codes and that all current vehicles have the 3rd red brake light only… YRMV

Jnaki

Use of Flashing Amber Warning Light (25268). “No person shall display a flashing amber warning light on a vehicle as permitted by this code except when an unusual traffic hazard exists.”

Vehicle With Unlawful Lamps (24003). “No vehicle shall be equipped with any lamp or illuminating device not required or permitted in this code, nor shall any lamp or illuminating device be mounted inside a vehicle unless specifically permitted by this code....” Warning lamps meeting requirements established by the CHP may be mounted inside an authorized emergency vehicle.

Unlawful Equipment (24005, 26100). No person shall install, sell for use, or use on a vehicle any warning lamp that does not comply with requirements established by the California Highway Patrol.

Attached Files:

Jim Bouchard, WC145 and Jalopy Joker like this.
  19. WC145

WC145
    from Maine

Fall is my favorite season and it's on its way. The air is getting crisp and chilly in the morning, and the blueberry leaves are starting to turn. Really enjoyed my ride into work this morning, it was cool but it's warmed up nicely now.
    20240905_064747.jpg

20. RMR&C likes this.
  21. RockyMtnWay

RockyMtnWay

Westbound and down. Headin for Revelstoke then south to Nelson for the Queen City Cruise this weekend.

IMG_0808.jpeg

22. atch

atch

East Illinois mountains today on our way to Lloydfest 2024.
    20240905_130332.jpg

23. Funny man! LOL.

Ben

The 39 guy likes this.
  24. Thanks and same to you! I'm looking forward to more of your New England fall colors pics

TFoch likes this.
  25. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

I had the 62 Studebaker Champ out today for a little bit, but forgot to snap a pic or two...

maybe next time

26. atch

atch

In front of Cliffside Diner in Frankfort, Ky., on the way home from Lloydfest 2024. Been there since the 40's according to the signs.

Behind it is a steep hill up towards the state capital bldg. and across the road is a drop-off down to the Kentucky river.

20240908_102758.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2024