Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tire Balancing Specifically Ride-On Liquid Stuff

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GeneP, Apr 29, 2019.

1. GeneP

GeneP

I have read bunches of posts regarding the "Dyna-Beads" balancing, have tried that stuff myself in the past with mixed results in previously owned motorcycles and automobiles. But now considering this liquid stuff on the market by Ride-on in a pair of 6.00 x 16 tubed bias ply Coker Classics. I have used it in my Harley Road King with good results, but before using it in the Coker Classics I am wondering if anyone out there have actually had any experience with this stuff in a tubed bias ply tire. I have read all the reasons why and why not the stuff might or might not work. I want to hear from folks that have actual experience. I'm more concerned about the balancing than the flat fixing performance.

2. Montana1

Montana1

We tried some liquid stuff (similar to Slime) in our tubeless front runner drag tires back in the day. It didn't turn out too well. When the front end was in the air, the slime was at the bottom. When the tire touched down at speed, you'd think the front end was gonna fall off!

It takes a while for things to balance out and there wasn't enough time in our case.

It might work on a street car though. I don't know about tube type. Try it... it only costs another set of tubes if it don't. :)

3. GeneP

GeneP

Thanks, Yea I read the slime stuff doesn't stay put like this Ride-on stuff does after the 1st run that spreads it around the inside of the tire. Thanks Again.

Montana1 likes this.