Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Traditional Four Gauge Order?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by spillaneswillys, Jul 11, 2023.

1. JGT

JGT

Visibility is more important than any specific order. Water temp and oil pressure should be in your line of sight so you can see them at a glance. Like everyone else, it's just my opinion.

05snopro440 likes this.
  2. Temp and fuel: top row
    Volts and oil: bottom row
    Very traditional. :D

DSCN1694 (2).JPG

3. 50 Merc Man

50 Merc Man

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  4. twenty8

twenty8

Yep. You can have gauges too, but well placed warning lights instantly grab your attention.

5. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Oil pressure and temperature are always my two most important gauges, so I put them close together in the middle. Voltage and fuel less important, and I don't watch them as often, so they go on each end.

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  6. I can't recall the last time I was looking at a car show and said "I wouldn't have picked that order for the gauges"

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't say it better than Mike did, all that counts is order of importance to you personally and that you can see the one you feel is most important without obstruction.
    To me oil pressure and temperature are important, amps or volts not exciting and fuel lowest on the list. If you know your car and fill your tank you should be able to know in your head how much fuel you have left within a gallon or so. Especially on a road trip. in my rig with an ammeter, the position of the needle means working or not working, that is all I really care about that anyhow. Yup, it is keeping up with the demand on the battery life is good.
    Lately temp gauges have been most critical for me. That I tend to keep track of.