Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. I'm sorry about the misspelling. Its hard to read the emblems on your car in my rear view mirror.

55belairx2 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  2. ^ I thought you were a mopar guy... the emblems on that car are only visible from the back... :D

55belairx2 likes this.
  3. Did he or you already check with Alkydigger?

4. powrshftr

powrshftr

Yeah,Alkydigger doesn't have anything...If your network of crusty old goodies turns anything up,let us know,will ya?:)

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You may check with Rudy at R and P blowers in Waterloo Ia.
    I can get a phone number tomorrow when I go too the shop.

6. Or Merek could go really old school (i.e. traditional) and MAKE the cover he needs... even if he makes if out of sheetmetal...

7. powrshftr

powrshftr

Thanks James!

8. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's a no-go AJ,cause the timing cover needs to support the Hilborn fuel pump drive.I suppose he could fab it up out of 1/4" aluminum flat stock or something.

I talked to him again last night,and he said he has found one,but he's pretty sure the guy wants to retire on the profits from the sale,so he is looking for a little more reasonable deal....lol!

Scott

9. powrshftr

powrshftr

Oh and Saltflats:

Here's a bit of inspiration for the ol Charger...
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420451584.368373.jpg
    :)
    Scott

Butch M, saltflats and 30dodgeboy like this.
  10. 62Furious

62Furious

Opened my mail this morning and I am ready to go 90 is my number. We will see you all in 6 1/2 months, be ready for the fun!

30dodgeboy likes this.

11. I knew that and I am sure Merek could handle doing that properly. Remember that the drag racing pioneers MADE their own parts because they were not available yet.

powrshftr likes this.
  12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Scott Rudy's number is 319 234 8679

13. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

I spent a lot of time this weekend getting folks pre-registered for the Meltdown...

I have replied to over 200 people and our car count is sitting at 235 as of last night.

Lots of returning favorites and many new cars.

Panneton - I didn't see a 56 registered yet? Get in line! Marc told me that you will be driving the tow rig again and that he will handle driving the car....

14. Saxxon

Saxxon

Yesterday's Bile isn't registered yet ??
    Does that mean he doesn't get to trash talk until he does ?
    That would make for a far less entertaining thread...

Do we have to start selling shirts for ya Ric ? maybe run a bingo or sell chocolates - count me in for a XXL thermal insulated T-Shirt (-41 this am)

15. WTF!

55belairx2 and II FUNNY like this.
  16. powrshftr

powrshftr

Thanks James!

17. sch-1

sch-1

If you had to make a guess, what would you guess the cut-off number will be for running cars? And will you be having to limit the number of passes each car will be allowed to make in a day, like last year?

18. 55chieftain

55chieftain

If you want to make passes the best days are friday and sunday. Match racing and time runs on Saturday will be done by 1 or so per Meltdowns website. I hope more people can plan to stay thru sunday. From Meltdowns website...

The tentative 2015 schedule will be the same as 2014. Racing all three days, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Time runs and match racing will be all three days but will end around noon or 1pm Saturday and then the gasser shootouts will run the rest of the afternoon. So if you a person that wants to make a lot of passes, plan on doing the majority of them Friday and Sunday.

19. Danny G

Danny G

Do you know what gasser groups are coming?

20. Saxxon

Saxxon

Sunday is getting to be the best match race day that folks are missing out on. Every year 1/2 the cars use Sunday as a travel day and only about a 1/4 of the folks show up...too bad... because the lower car count means more passes for those that stayed. Panneton vs. the World, Tom Hanson looking for anyone and everyone to run against and all the MDA guys making passes makes for an epic day !!

21. I need that in a Large please. ;)

55belairx2, 30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.
  22. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Great Lakes Gassers and Nostalgia Gassers have been there the past few years. I plan on being there with the Nostalgia Gassers this year. The MDA would know better for any other groups.

Are you guys planning the North/South shootout again this year?

23. Well, last week when pre-registration opened up, my pea brain couldn't figure out how to get it done from my phone, so I had to wait till today, and then I get bludgeoned with all this hurtful hate mail.., I laid in a puddle of my own piss and blood for an hour!
    So after I recovered, I went ahead and pre-registered, only now, we and Tomorrows Bitch Slapper, are in a up to 7 day holding pattern, because the MD folks have been buried in non 10 second players (Smokie Poker, Eric Koppingwithissues, Paul (Fiat thingy), Art Project.., well most of the MD crew, you know. Anyhow, I think, just to jack with you all, I'm gonna go a bit stealth for awhile (walk quietly & carry a bigger stick), like back in my old street racing days.., change it up a bit. That goes for you too Davie "my Saxxon ice" Pelegrino, and Tony Dog_Snatch McHemi!.., oops I slipped on my stealthness already.

24. Saxxon

Saxxon

Told you he wasn't dead... just poke him in the oil pan and see if he flinches

Now that he's committed to showing up (or ... just committed) I may have to look into those Panneton vs. the World shirts

25. powrshftr

powrshftr

Here's some of tonight's carnage....Sorry for the shitty pics.Ipad has no flash and I didn't have much light to work with out in the dungeon....lol
    I actually got the drive r's side motor mount clearanced,clearanced the shock tower in two more places for tubes 5 and 7,and cut the hole in the inner fender apron for tube #8 to loop out and around the frame.

Then I was able to mock up the header on the drive r's side.Im going to need to re-route the fuel line,and insulate the steering box and brake line,but it should work pretty nicely,and let my angry little Bastard son of Carroll Shelby scream like a banshee!:D

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420511864.123626.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420511922.372427.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420511933.778650.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420511949.690897.jpg

Baaaaaaaaaaad things are coming your way Onkie Donker;)

Scott

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    beebee78, 30dodgeboy and II FUNNY like this.
  26. What a difference a year makes! Last year I pre preregistered around a week after registration started and got number 14. This year I preregistered on day two and got number 180. This year is going to be of the hook.

27. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Now you guys did it! You went and set off the smack-talkin' rain bird! There's gonna be crap flyin' every direction for days now! Keep ur heads low and put ur goggles on! (Welding helmets will work too!) :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    powrshftr, saltflats and 30dodgeboy like this.
  28. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

ZZZZZZZINGGGGGG!!!!! I'll be right over to remove that shank from your back...

29. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

"Yesterday's Bile"...good one Dave! We're lookin' for a tanker to buy at the moment so we can stock up and take advantage of these cheap gas prices while they last and maybe cut last year's gas bill in half!

30dodgeboy likes this.