Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

That 64 reminds me of the Butch Leal car. The one with the Mickey Thompson hemi heads:)

Those are a couple of beautiful Fairlane's:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. I cracked me up too.:)

3. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

Thanks guys. both engines are finished. Going to pick them up next weekend, then thrash time. The 64 is running a 400 stroker windsor with a liberty top loader. engine builder says low 10's maybe 9's but we will see. Dad is old school and has no faith in small tires.

4. powrshftr

powrshftr

That sounds awesome.Cant wait to see those cars in action!:)

Scott

5. If anyone thinks there are top secret things going on, well yeah o_O AND when Ric was sitting here spewing SBC bull-dooky, I looked down at my feet and there lay Scott's heads :rolleyes: . I felt them up real good. Nice!

yesterdays_piston.JPG

6. ..,and Tony mumbled to himself as he finger flowed Scotts heads..., now me & my Hemi are gonna get mopped by a small block Chevy AND FORD! The next thing I know he's curled up in the fetile position on my office floor rocking back & forth whispering to himself like Rainman.

powrshftr likes this.
  7. Saxxon

Saxxon

Uh oh, fifteen minutes to Judge Wapner
    Gotta get my boxer shorts at K-Mart

I drove slow on the driveway when my dad came to Walbrook.

8. powrshftr

powrshftr

Definitely....I'm a very good driver....

9. Don't worry to much Tony, Scott's little booger Edelbrock Performer heads are barely enough to feed his tired 289, just a little better than his JB Weld laidened iron heads

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  10. powrshftr

powrshftr

Well,I guess that cat is outta the bag.
    I don't really feel like the Performers are cheating anyway.1.90"/1.60" valve and smallish ports should work well with the little 289,but the weight savings is what I was really happy about.:)

Scott

11. If you do it right Scott, Performers & tunnel ram along with a couple other tweaks, should put you in the Hokey Pokey neighborhood and make a good race. Make sure to practice your Koopenshifter exercises!

30dodgeboy, powrshftr and beebee78 like this.
  12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Hey guys I also have a 302 block, crank and a set of SRP pistons and rods for you small block Ford guys not sure of the year it is one of the roller cam blocks. This stuff is just setting around and have not figured out if I have a car to put it in. Not as kool as the Ricsters stuff but sometimes you just have to take baby steps. 20150120_184540.jpg

13. Finger flowed - I like it ;). Didn't even know that was for his race car, looked like a Datsun B210 head. If he puts a blower on it might have a small chance .... check for loose change in the ports Scott I dropped a Merican dime in one cause a penny was too big to fall in.:D

55belairx2, saltflats and powrshftr like this.
  14. powrshftr

powrshftr

Tony,
    Back in the day,that used to be the test to check the size of the ports on 289 heads.
    If you could drop a dime through the exhaust port without it getting stuck,it was a "good" casting!lol!

Thankfully,times have changed a little.:)

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

15. powrshftr

powrshftr

Wish I woulda talked to you a month ago James.Im all squared away now though.Thanks Brother!

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

16. Speaking of, I lost my virginity in a Datsun b210. Thank you Lisa!

saltflats likes this.
  17. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Hey, thanks for clearing that up. Can't wait to see these in action, in theory they look like they'll work good.

18. They also help keep a stronger signal to the venturi booster in the carb, as the longer/bigger plenum kills some of that signal, especially depending on runner length, and the engine configuration.

19. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Wonder if that would work in the GTO?

20. 77 Plymouth Volare here. Hmmmm maybe this explains the Mopar fetish......

enloe likes this.
  21. Yep Tony, that explains the future too.., getting screwed in a Dodge by the lady in red. :).., sorry man, I can't help myself.

22. I feel lucky :rolleyes: - but I don't do children. Wait this is going downhill fast - back to the regularly scheduled program.

23. Any news on the crank scraper ETA?

24. No crank scraper. I have emailed with no response. Need to call. My roll cage is in roll cage jail too :(. Its not the build time that killing it, its the wait time for stuff to arrive. These TV shows that build a car in a week are BS.

loudbang likes this.
  25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Wouldn't a scraper be simple enough to make ?

26. bigslim55

bigslim55

I've got Tunnel Ram & Carbs mocked up... Intake runners matched to Fel-Pro #1262 intake gaskets... Have to get linkage next, then run fuel lines to regulator. Also redoing fuel line from frame to engine, getting rid of 3 - 90 degree bends... Also looks like I'm going to have hood clearance issues?!? Is that a good or bad problem to have??? LOL Jim ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1421864851.721850.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1421864891.576835.jpg

27. powrshftr

powrshftr

Looks pretty Ritzy with those air cleaners Jim.Nice score!:)

Looking forward to seeing the old Girl back in action:)

Crites has teardrop bubbles for like $85 bucks you could graft on,or I can look up that other scoop for you when I get home:)

Scott

28. bigslim55

bigslim55

Yeah Scott she should be a fun to drive! The TKO & 9" Detroit locker should be able to handle anything that little 306 can throw at it! I HOPE!

As for the hood I'm not sure yet? The T-Bolt teardrop scoop would look pretty cool! I've gone back & forth with pulling a mold of the hood, and doing a glass hood. Then bond the T-Bolt scoop to glass hood... Since trying to find a glass hood is nearly impossible! In my head it sounds good, but not having any experience in this general area of fiberglassing has me a little hesitant... I'm going to have to do a google search for a DVD or book on this subject & get informed... I'll have to put a pic of hood up, where hood emblem was has been filled in & smooth. Thus I think it be perfect for pulling a mold off of... That's enough rambling from me! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1421876151.109917.jpg

29. That's exactly what I did.

Oil level needed to be up to the bottom of the windage tray/ scraper in order to fit 10 qts in this pan. Pulled out every trick I could think of to make it work - pan kickouts, trap doors, baffling, scraper... everything but an accumulator, :D

MVC-571S.JPG MVC-564S.JPG \

BigDrag, saltflats and Tudor like this.
  30. Make another for Tony & sell it to him fir $392.:)

30dodgeboy and saltflats like this.