Register now to get rid of these ads!

who has fenderwell headers on there tri 5 ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lorodz, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Speedway's Are NOT made in China. I know this for a fact.

The ones Dale Wilch sells under part # PAT-H8035 are Patriot's and are the raw version, coated would be part # PAT-H8035-1

2. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

As said in previous posts the Speedway headers fit great on the passenger side but you will have fitment issues on the drivers side because the #5 exhaust tube hits the steering box. I was doing a straight axle on mine with 2 x 4 tubing front framerails so I just notched the tubing and dropped the steering box down about an inch. I am running a stock style bellhousing that bolts into the side mounts so I really couldnt move the motor much. With your application you might be able to change the mounting position of the engine enough to make the speedways work. They have a good thick flange and are pretty nice if you are willing to deal with the fitment issues.

3. lorodz

lorodz

i called and asked speedway if there was fitment issues they said there was . they said they were the same as patriot thats why i went long tube so hopefully they will fit better than mine do ...you guys are right i didnt want long tubes but they were lst option if i want to drive it sometime this year ..

4. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

The ones that Dale sells, number 5 tube is already done too clear box!!! no problem with box, just rolled back under too much! i had a set of speedways coated, didnt want too cut them, sold them and got a set from Dale!! just my 2 cents about it!!

5. lorodz

lorodz

get me a link to the site please so i can check these out

6. Larry T

Larry T

So, I'm guessing that Summit's Patriot header, Wilch's fenderwell headers, and Speedway's fenderwell headers all ship out of the same warehouse?? Identical??

Sometimes the only way to make them fit is build them yourself.
    Larry T

Attached Files:

7. chris55

chris55

Does he make them for S.B. chevys?

8. lorodz

lorodz

oh so they are all the same ones??
    i just dont see myself paying 300 dollers and i have to make them fit wtf is that ....

9. Larry T

Larry T

I don't know, I was just asking.
    Larry T

10. lorodz

lorodz

oh...haha .mis read..
    as far as i know everytime i asked a question about fenderwell headers for a tri 5 there is some kind of mod needed to make them fit the ones that speedway sells are made by partiot and the will hit the steering box and wheels when turning if you dont have a straight axle and the bbc is moved fowward 1 to 2 ichs ..im not denting my firewall so i could clear headers ...im not cutting and welding on the frame so i could lower or raise the steering box ..why cant they just make them fit a tri 5 the rite way if there for a tri 5 with a big block ??

11. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

go on ebay site, under ebays name , it will be a place for what you are looking for put in 270334121505 it will pop up! now if they come out of same warehouse i dont know!! i do know that the ones from speedway were the same on pass. side, but different on driver side , #5 tube was bent different!! just read his ad about these headers, they worked for me on two cars!! call him he will answer the phone!! good guy!!

12. lorodz

lorodz

i just red this from his site on ebay and these are the ones i was looking at before i finally made my decision about getting long tube

I know it's popular to move the big block forward to give you more distributor and heater box room, but these will not fit when you do that.

the only way to put a big block into a tri 5 without denting the firewall is to move the motor fowward 1 inch with front motor mount plate and speedway motor mounts this is the best way to put a bbc into a tri 5 in myt opinion

13. Larry T

Larry T

Probably because there is more than one way to put a big block in a 55-57, and not much room. Hard to make a one size fits all.
    Larry T