Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Winter time means tear down: 1934 Ford upgrades

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 22, 2014.

1. I preferred 50 degree December we were having to the 15 degree now but the Wimbledon firewall is a nice touch.

2. Started getting everything back together and also had the hood louvered. I was up in the air on louvering the hood, but my good friend Gary has been punching louvers since high school and he's in his 70's now. So I figured I should have it done while he's doing it, I can always get another hood top down the road if I desire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    Hotrodmyk likes this.
  3. nice lay out. they look great.

4. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Far better to do it now, rather than regret not doing it when he's gone.
    They look GREAT!

5. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looking good, Chris --- I love the shape of those louvers.

Malcolm

6. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

The firewall came out really nice. Looks awesome. Can't wait to see how that louvered hood looks back on the roadster.

Chris likes this.
  7. Got the oil pan swapped, new clutch in, valves adjusted, and repainted the engine. Looks kind of orange under the garage lights but it is bright red

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hotrodmyk likes this.

8. Me either, engine will hopefully go in this weekend so I can start putting it back together!

9. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Nice upgrades Chris!

10. Got the engine home frm my Dad's last night, I love the color. So the engine got a new oil pan, clutch, valves adjusted and an oil filter installed. Time to go back in

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hotrodmyk and Muttley like this.
  11. Everything looks great. Nice job!

12. Well having an infant at home means that spare time is pretty limited. About 11 PM on Saturday night, after he had fallen asleep, I finished up what I had to on the engine and dumped it in. I was really careful doing it and not a scratch or nick was put into the engine or firewall! I really like all the colors together along with the chrome and aluminum.
    Sunday I put the windsheild back on. I had a new piece of glass cut as the current one somehow had some bad verticle scratches. I think it may have happened when cleaning it at a gas station or something. I also put a threaded insert in it so I can finally have a rear view mirror again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also found a single green seat belt listed here on the hamb that matches the interior perfect. It will be great if I want to take the little guy for a ride

[​IMG]

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  13. Really like the firewall color, good choice.

14. Boy you could conduct a lecture series on 'How to take a car that's tops and make her super tops! "
    Really dig the changes, they are spot on.
    Good call on the Slingshot - I just bought an original for my 41 hop up , these just ooze history.

15. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Great updates...love the louvers

16. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Man, before you get the roadster all the way put back together. You should re create the april 50' motorsport magazine cover. The one with the Ray Brown roadster apart with the two guys working on the engine while their gals are watchin from over the windshield. Would be bitchin!

17. Ha! come over and model for me!!

18. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Temping. That would be an awesome cover image for the next issue of Primer.

19. I'll see what I can do ;)

20. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

This could be cool. :D

21. Pete

Pete

Chris,

Car looks amazing! Iv been collecting parts to build a 34 roadster, hope i can make it look as good as yours.

pete-

22. I'm sure you can do better, all your cars have great style! Thanks Pete!

23. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

digging the chevy orange flatty

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. I put the top back on last nigt (wehave some guest at our house and the top was on the spare bed!!) weather is warmer then it usual and should stick around through the weekend so I hope to get some more done.

25. Got a ton done today. The weather has been beautiful so I'm itching to get it back on the road. Got the new axle and wishbone under it and everything snugged so it will roll now. Also had my gauge panel I made nickle plated to match the dash. Have the car about 50% back together, most the hard part is done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    Hotrodmyk, Paul B and Muttley like this.
  26. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Lookin good! Is the new axle the same amount of drop?

27. Yes, very close. In fact everything fit like it did before, just have to re-align it and it should be good to go

28. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Love the dash!!

29. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Chris, the car looks better than ever and I am jealous. Keep it just like you have it. Firewall color, dash, engine and front end work all perfect for my taste.

30. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

What a cool little roadster -- perfect upgrades for an awesome hot rod!