Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Winter time means tear down: 1934 Ford upgrades

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 22, 2014.

2. Thanks! It's all gonna have to work for now :)
    Have you found one yet? I have had a hand full of guys, just in the last few months, approach me and ask if I know of any 33/34 roadsters for sale.

3. Such a great car! Sure enjoyed following along while you built it.

4. You've really stepped it up on your entire fleet.
    Truck is still my favorite though.

5. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I have not found any except the $75K ones on here. I am building away on the chassis so I will keep looking. I will probably have to settle for a Wescott until I fine one.

6. Did not get a ton done this weekend. I did a lot of piddly stuff, mounted the oil filter and mad the lines for it. I need my buddy Shaun to weld up a hole in the intake then it can go on for good and progress can continue

[​IMG]

StrickV8 likes this.
  7. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Looks good Chris. Summer is coming…..I promise.

Chris likes this.
  8. We have actually had fantastic weather so far this year, a lot of the highs have been in the mid 50's. If this car was on the road I would be driving it :)

9. I had a very productive weekend, I finished getting everything hooked up and fired it up. Still runs so that's good :)

I got the radiator and hoses on it, need to double check everything and bolt the sheet metal back on it. The light is at the end of the tunnel!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. @41FordSuperDeluxe i think you told me that Vic Edelbrock made 200 of the slingshot intakes. I looked all over on mine for a stamped number but found nothing. But you also said his earlier ones had no number and the equilizer between the two venturies was hand cut. This one looks that way, so I'm guessing this is an early production?

image.jpg

509garyd likes this.
  11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

(lucky bass turd)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. F-head

F-head

looks great Chris
    whats the story on that generator
    B

13. It is a fan mounted generator converted to 12V. Bought it from a shop that does them in Portland OR

14. Today was pretty productive, got my headlights and stands primed and got the radiator, grill and fender on. It's getting close!!

[​IMG]

15. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I think you have my favorite car on the Hamb right now, just perfect!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  16. Thanks...I'd like to have that 3W :D

17. I primed my hadlights and stands Monday afternoon, so last night put them together. They are Guide 904A's "gumball lights"...my favorite hot rod light. I put a ton of time and effort into these lights (mostly because I screwed them up...log story) but they turned out nice. Got em mounted and it looks a ton better then the black lights I had on it before!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

509garyd and Muttley like this.
  18. brad2v

brad2v

That is just a great lookin' car Chris

19. I got about everything wrapped up last night. Adjusted the clutch (no more chatter!!), wired the headlights and ever washed it! Still gotta fine tune and reprime the hood but I think with a few minor tune adjustments she is ready for spring

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

509garyd, slammed, Muttley and 3 others like this.
  20. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's just dreamy...

21. F-head

F-head

holy crap that looks good. a real pussy wagon!!!
    so next time I borrow it i wont have to worry about clutch chatter?
    B

22. F-head

F-head

oh and the gumballs look great also
    mabee they're the new 682"s

23. Yes, no more clutch chatter! That was what started this whole project. But glad I dove in and got it done. It looks a lot better and I got to re-do some half ass stuff from when I first got it on the road

24. brady1929

brady1929

25. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

[​IMG]
    Maybe I am strange and OLD but I would much rather look at this rear view than the rear view of a 24 year old woman (a 10) in a mini skirt!:D

26. You wouldn't be embarrassed if you got caught looking at the car.

27. Great looking Car.

28. Took it for a midnight "maiden voyage" over the weekend. Still gotta prime the hood, otherwise back on the road. Spring is here, I think this thread is done

[​IMG]

Muttley likes this.
  29. man looks great! the effort has paid off for sure. The pole barn looks like it is coming along also.

30. Yeah thanks Gelndale. I gotta start woeking on the new garage again so I have room to park the 41 and the new family car!