Register now to get rid of these ads!

You and your fancy store bought ac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kingfishhotrods, Mar 4, 2010.

1. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I used Vintage air in my 40 with a power vent. works well, tight fit but works

olscrounger likes this.
  2. lht

lht

if you wanna save a little cash you can buy a crimp tool 120 bucks and speedway sell hose kits for 60 bucks thats what i did a/c shop and parts store wanted 8 bucks a crimp it about evens out on money but i have crimping tool now

3. jt40

jt40
    from Beloit Wi

I know this is a old post. Just wondering if you have any pics of showing the power vent and vintage air install. I also have a 40 cpe standard that I am putting vintage air in. I also want to retain the cowl vent. At this point I am researching witch electric cowl vent to use and was leaning towards the rocky hinge unit. Thank you for any information you can give me. JT

4. When I installed vintage air in my 40 sedan I too wanted to keep my cowl vent and I just made a bracket to attach to the vent that moved the vent handle over about 10 inches, just enough to open in on warm days. HRP

32SEDAN and olscrounger like this.
  5. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have done a few 40's with vintage air and kept cowl vent-works with orig. handle

6. goldmountain

goldmountain

I adapted a power window motor and regulator arm onto my cowl vent. Worked great.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

HRP, do you have any pictures on this mod? I am faced with the same situation on my ‘39 Ford Sedan project. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.